Nepali Name: काकाकुल (Kakakul)
1. As its name suggests it is specialized reptile hunter, feeding on well snakes and lizards.
2. Calls incessantly.
Nepali Name: बगाले भ्याकुर (Bagale Bhyakur)
1. Also known as the Seven Sisters or Saath Bhai as it invariably travels in groups.
2. Ground feeders.
3. Respected even by hawks because they do not scatter away at signs of trouble but stand fast besides their comrades.
4. Common foster parent for Large Hawk-Cuckoo and Pied Crested Cuckoo.
5. Rather brave, the picture of the bird with its feathers all puffed up was shot when that individual came to scare me off!!
Nepali name: धोबिनी चरा (Dhobini Chara)
1. Highly territorial. Reacts strongly to the use of playback.
2. Rather versatile bird, lives both around human habitation and dense forests.
3. Interesting article on the territorial behavior of this bird can be found here.
Nepali Name: ध्वाँसे चीबे (Dhwase Chibe)
Nepali Name: पितकण्ठे भङ्गेरा (Pitkanthe Bhangera)
Nepali Name: मजुर (Majur)
Nepali Name: सानो माटिकोरे (Sano Matikore)