Nepali Name: टिमटिमा (Timtimaa)
Nepali Name: मुसे लेकचरी (Muse Lekchari)
Nepali name: राज हुटीट्याउ (Raj Huttittyau)
1. The Bagmati River by Chobhar is one of the best places in Nepal for these winter visitors. At least 150 individuals in a small stretch of the river during the current visit. November-January is the best time to see these birds here.
2. They congregate in huge flocks around 10 am.
3. Bonelli’s Eagle prey on these birds in this locality.
Nepali Name: हिमाली लेकचरी Himali Lekchari
1. One of the tamest birds of the high altitudes.
Nepali Name: टेमु (Temu)
1. If properly trained, this is a bird that could make mountaineering legends and that too without supplemental oxygen. Has been reported from camps as high as 8,000m in Everest.
Nepali name: हिमाली भद्राई (Himali Bhadrai)
Nepali Name: काकाकुल (Kakakul)
1. As its name suggests it is specialized reptile hunter, feeding on well snakes and lizards.
2. Calls incessantly.