Nepali Name: हिमाली झ्याप्सी Himali Jhyapsi
Nepali Name: हिमाली गिद्ध (Himali Gidda)
2. To get closeup shots, either catch them while they feed or near their roosting place before the thermals build up.
3. A brochure to locate vulture restaurants in Nepal, a commendable and highly successful conservation project: www.birdlifenepal.org/download.php?f=86
Nepali Name: पहाडी कोकले Pahaadi Kokale
1. High altitude replacement of the Rufous Treepie.
2. Very loud mouthed and its nepali name Kokale is an onomatopoeia derived from its call.
3. Not very approachable just like its lowland cousin.
Nepali Name: कल्की तोरीगाँडा Kalki Torigaada
1. Like other laughingthrushes these are the bandits of Himalaya forests, terrorizing the forests with their cacophonous call and huge gangs.
Nepali Name: द्रोणक चील (Dronak Cheel)
1. Soars gracefully just above the forest canopy
Nepali Name: बाख्रे जुरेली (Bakhre Jureli)
1. Outside the breeding season in April, it is found in huge flocks in deep forests.
2. Never descends to the ground and also catches flies on the wing like a flycatcher.
3. Doesn’t react strongly to playback.