Nepali name: सेतो टिकटिके (Seto Tiktike)
1. Communal roosters. Always found in the vicinity of water. Winter visitor.
2. As many as 6 subspecies recorded in Nepal.
3. Beautiful undulating flight.
Nepali Name: काकाकुल (Kakakul)
1. As its name suggests it is specialized reptile hunter, feeding on well snakes and lizards.
2. Calls incessantly.
Nepali Name: सुन्तलाकोखे रबिन Suntalakokhe Robin
1. A rather common bird wherever you go in Nepal. Breeds above 3,000m during summer while during the winters it descends for warmer climes.
Nepali Name: निलटाउके खञ्जरी (Niltauke Khanjari)
1. Rather common altitudinal migrant.
Nepali Name: चन्चले सुड्सुडीया (Chanchale Sudsudiya)
1. In Bagmati River near Chobhar their numbers peaks during January.
2. Usually solitary.
3. Found in close proximity to the Green Sandpiper with which it is reported to interbreed.
4. Flies swiftly just above the surface of the water.
Nepali Name: मरूल (Marul)
1. One of the tamest birds in Taudaha. Winter visitor.
Nepali Name: सानो जलेवा (Saano Jalewa)
1. Nests in groups. Breeding season: July-September.
2. Ghodaghodi Lake in far-western Nepal is a good place to see these birds.
Nepali Name: सिलसिले (Silsile)
1. Tree nesters, either in holes or abandoned nests. Breeding season: June-September.