Nepali Name: सेतो टाउके जलखञ्जरी (Seto Tauke Jalkhanjari)
1. A staple bird of Himalayan streams right from the lowlands to high mountains. Descends during the winter and goes up to breed.
2. Very territorial during the breeding season.
3. Rather animated and cheerful behavior.
4. Males have a slightly larger head cap.
Nepali name: सेतो टिकटिके (Seto Tiktike)
1. Communal roosters. Always found in the vicinity of water. Winter visitor.
2. As many as 6 subspecies recorded in Nepal.
3. Beautiful undulating flight.
Nepali Name: कालो काग Kaalo Kaag
1. Great aerial displays by the high altitude Himalayan races.
2. High altitude races larger than the ones found in the lowlands.
Nepali Name: पंखथोप्ले ठूलोतितु Pankhathople Thulotitu
1. It is weird how the females allow much closer approach to the photographer than the males. Perhaps, she thinks she is very well camouflaged even on green grass!!!
Nepali Name: सुन्तलाकोखे रबिन Suntalakokhe Robin
1. A rather common bird wherever you go in Nepal. Breeds above 3,000m during summer while during the winters it descends for warmer climes.
Nepali Name: कण्ठे सुगा Kanthe Suga
1. Rather common in the Terai. The population in Kathmandu is largely due to escaped birds.
2. Breeds February to May. The bird in the picture is standing at the entrance of its nest.
3. Outside the breeding season lives in large groups.
4. Very similar to Alexendrine Parakeet except for smaller size and lack of crimson shoulder patch.