Shivapuri-Nagarjun National Park
Nepali Name: सेतो टाउके जलखञ्जरी (Seto Tauke Jalkhanjari)
1. A staple bird of Himalayan streams right from the lowlands to high mountains. Descends during the winter and goes up to breed.
2. Very territorial during the breeding season.
3. Rather animated and cheerful behavior.
4. Males have a slightly larger head cap.
Nepali Name: हिमाली झ्याप्सी Himali Jhyapsi
Nepali Name: कालीकण्ठे राजचिचिल्कोटे Kalikanthe Raj Chichilkote
Nepali Name: चञ्चले फिस्टो Chanchale Fisto
Nepali Name: हिमाली गिद्ध (Himali Gidda)
2. To get closeup shots, either catch them while they feed or near their roosting place before the thermals build up.
3. A brochure to locate vulture restaurants in Nepal, a commendable and highly successful conservation project: www.birdlifenepal.org/download.php?f=86
Nepali Name: कैलोपेटे जुरेली Kailopete Jureli
Nepali Name: आसकोटे चरी Aaskote Chari
Nepali Name: चञ्चले अर्जुनक (Chanchale Arjunak)
1. It will more likely than not return to the exact same spot after sweeping in the air for flies just like most other flycatchers. Something to keep in mind while shooting this bird.
Nepali Name: मदना चाँचर Madana Chaanchar
1. The males sing beautifully during the breeding season in May-June. It is sought after as a cage bird because of its melodious song. You can hear it here: http://www.xeno-canto.org/19718
2. Coexists with the White-collared Blackbird.
3. Doesn’t seem to react to playback outside of the breeding season.
Nepali Name: चित्रकुट Chitrakoot
1. The species that makes a bird trip in Nepal awesome, first because of its scarce and local status and second well its really pretty.
2. Goes around in flocks, well at least during the winter at Nagarjun it does.
3. Reacts to playback, but doesn’t approach, keeping close to the forest canopy.
4. Supposedly, Chitwan in the Central Nepal lowlands is the best place to see these birds.