Nepali Name:बेल्चाठूँडे हाँस Belcha Thude Haans
Nepali name: राज हुटीट्याउ (Raj Huttittyau)
1. The Bagmati River by Chobhar is one of the best places in Nepal for these winter visitors. At least 150 individuals in a small stretch of the river during the current visit. November-January is the best time to see these birds here.
2. They congregate in huge flocks around 10 am.
3. Bonelli’s Eagle prey on these birds in this locality.
Nepali name: सेतो टिकटिके (Seto Tiktike)
1. Communal roosters. Always found in the vicinity of water. Winter visitor.
2. As many as 6 subspecies recorded in Nepal.
3. Beautiful undulating flight.
Nepali Name: खोया हाँस (Khoyahaans)
1. One of the highest flying birds in the world with reports of flight over Everest at an altitude of 9,375m.
2. Rare passage migrant in the Kathmandu Valley.
Nepali Name: चन्चले सुड्सुडीया (Chanchale Sudsudiya)
1. In Bagmati River near Chobhar their numbers peaks during January.
2. Usually solitary.
3. Found in close proximity to the Green Sandpiper with which it is reported to interbreed.
4. Flies swiftly just above the surface of the water.